Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms (GF, V, DF)
These morsels of goodness look like more work than they are! Little in size, but packed with flavour! They are perfect as appetisers, or as a light main when served with side salad, quinoa or rice. They are gluten-free, vegetarians and vegan friendly...also meaning dairy-free. Enjoy!
Makes: 14 stuffed mushrooms Time: 45 minutes
For the mushrooms:
· 14 medium- large white mushrooms (around 4-5cm)
· 2-3tbs extra virgin olive oil
· 1 small yellow or red onion, diced
· 5 cloves of garlic, minced
· 1 small handful walnuts, chopped
· 5 sundried tomatoes, chopped
· 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
· ¼ cup Bio cheese feta (any dairy-free alternative, or low-fat dairy feta/ricotta option will do)
· 1 red capsicum, diced
· Salt + pepper, to preference
For the dressing:
· 1 clove garlic, diced
· ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
· 3tbs lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
· ¼ cup olive oil
· Salt and pepper, to preference
1. In a small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Loosen and twist/cut out the stems from the mushrooms. Dice the stems finely.
4. Using a silicone brush, brush the caps of the mushroom with the olive oil and then sprinkle the insides with salt and pepper
5. Place mushroom caps bottom up in on a baking tray.
6. Over a medium heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add the diced shallots. Cook until transparent. Add the sliced garlic. Continue to cook until soft before adding the diced mushroom stems. Stir occasionally, frying until browned, then remove from heat and add to small bowl.
7. To the small bowl, add in remaining stuffing ingredients and mix well.
8. Fill the mushroom caps with this mixture and bake for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are brown and soft. Serve with the dressing on the side to drizzle over the mushrooms.
Note: If any of the ingredients begin to burn, cover with tin foil.
Nutrition Info (per mushroom:
77 calories | 2.0g protein | 6.3g total fats | 1.7g sat. fat | 2.0g carbs